Palace Paço da Graciosa
The magnificent palace “Paço da Graciosa” was built in the XVIII Century. The Estate is qualified as a building with important historical and public interest. It is located 30 km from the important city of Coimbra and within the area of Luso, Curia and Buçaco thermal springs in the region of Dão.
Set in a vast estate, the palace “Paço da Graciosa” is one of the most significant testimonies of Baroque civil architecture in the Anadia region. Its rectangular layout and longitudinal development are typical of the model of long houses that characterized the 18th century in Portugal. However, the addition of the staircase that leads up to the front of the palace gives a new dynamic and depth to the main façade.
A chapel is connected to the palace through an arch, that develops into a single nave, presenting a lower chancel and, in the rear elevation, there are three niches in the shape of pointed arches.
Another wing of the palace, built later around 1896, takes advantage of the use of Neo-Manueline architecture (with elements drawn by the masters who worked at the Palace Hotel do Buçaco), integrating elements from demolitions in the city of Coimbra, and Romanesque capitals from the church of São Cristóvão in Coimbra.
- FLOOR 3
- ROOMS 28
- TOTAL AREA, SQ.M. 6200 sqm
- AREAAnadia, Coimbra
There are no reviews yet.